[3830] NA Sprint CW W4EF HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 11 01:14:39 EDT 2018

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: W4EF
Operator(s): W4EF
Station: W4EF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

Rig : Elecraft K3 + KPA-500

         Antennas : Parallel fed 40/20 Inverted-V dipoles with apex 37ft
                    80M 55ft vertical with lots of radials

Soapbox : Aside from daily RufzXP CW practice sessions, I haven't been doing
much ham radio this summer, so it was fun to get my butt in the chair for a few
hours. It felt like the RufzXP training paid some dividends with my CW copying
skills. I still asked for my fair share of repeats, but often the repeat just
confirmed what I thought I heard the first time. I didn't a lot of band changes,
but I am sure glad I hopped back to 40 meters with about 10 minutes to go. That
netted two new multipliers (Rhode Island and Nevada). I also heard Felipe NP4Z
in Puerto Rico, but I couldn't make the connection. Great fun!

73, Mike W4EF..............