[3830] KsQP K0T(KD0IRW) Portable LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 11 13:38:51 EDT 2018

                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: K0T
Operator(s): KD0IRW
Station: K0T

Class: Portable LP
QTH:

----------------------------
Total:   0     1429     0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 148,616

First off, many thanks goes to Bob for doing all the work he does to host this
great weekend!

This was my third year in the KSQP, and second as a portable station. I ran two
jackite verticals. On one was a 1/2 wave 20m (packtenna), the other was a 40m
endfed 1/4 wave. Set up, and take down was about 5 minutes making it very easy
to move. For the radio I used an Icom 7300, with a headset/foot switch. Feel
free to email me if you would like to see the setup, I'm good on QRZ.

We are all on a level playing field in regards to band conditions,and on Sunday
they were rough. However I did find it interesting that my qso count was only
off by 74 from last year.

Thanks to all the chasers who worked me multiple times. It was fun to hear how
many counties you all needed, and even better if I was able to cross one out for
you!

Till next year 73!

KD0IRW/K0T