[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W0ETT SO 3Band HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 11 15:25:23 EDT 2018

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: W0ETT
Operator(s): W0ETT
Station: W0ETT

Class: SO 3Band HP
QTH: co

    6:  14      8
    2:  18     11
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  32     19  Total Score = 608

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

With the advent of FT8 digital, traditional CW/SSB modes are hurting from lack
of VHF operators.  On CW/SSB, I made less than half the usual number of QSOs and
13 of my 32 contacts were thanks to two local rovers here in Colorado.
Something needs to be done soon with rules and point structure to make it
worthwhile for traditional VHF ops to turn on their radios for VHF contests
outside of the summer Es season.

Ken, W0ETT

IC756pro3 with THP amp 500w to 7 el M2 at 65'
IC910 with Mirage brick 160w to 9 el M2 at 50'