[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K7JSG Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 11 22:12:55 EDT 2018

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: K7JSG
Operator(s): K7JSG
Station: K7JSG

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH: CN87VS

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  153    26  Total Score = 4,602

This was my first VHF contest as a rover.  It was a great learning experience.

I had commitments on Saturday and Sunday so my time was limited.

I was in the following grids:  CN88, CN98, CN97 and CN87.

I also participate in Parks on the Air (POTA) and was able to activate Deception
Pass State Park, K-3180.  I started the contest from the park in CN88 and
operated for about 45 minutes.  I was able to get 14 QSOs and just needed 10 to
activate the park.  Then I moved on to Mt. Erie to finish CN88.

I then went to Lime Klin Trailhead parking to operate in CN98.  This completed
my day on Saturday.

On Sunday I went to the Issaquah Highlands at the grid square junction of
CN87/CN97.  I operated from this location for my time on Sunday.

Darryl, WW7D/R was also at this location and just finishing up CN97 so I setup
in CN97 while he moved to CN87.  We were able to do the grid square dance and
get QSOs from each other on all 4 bands.  It was my first time working with
another rover in the same location.  It was fun doing the grid square dance :)

Looking to do this again in January.