[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N0LD/R Unlimited Rover HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Sep 17 06:41:58 EDT 2018

                    ARRL September VHF Contest

Call: N0LD/R
Operator(s): N0LD W0HGJ AB0RX
Station: N0LD/R

Class: Unlimited Rover HP
QTH: Kansas

  1.2:   87    16
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  563   112  Total Score = 121,632

We worked with K5SRT/R who also entered as UNLIMITED to activate 16 grids - most
of them in Kansas.  We braved muddy roads, floading, and dense fog conditions in
some locations that cost us a much later Saturday night and a late start Sunday
morning.  We couldn't quite complete all the QSOs in our last grid square corner
as a result - but it was very close!  At least we activated them all.

I suppose that from the outside an UNLIMITED rover is easy to pull off - just go
circle those grid square corners and make contacts!  In reality there was a lot
of prior reparation, additional radios, additional antennas, and intra-vehicular
communication that required a totally cooperative team approach from everyone.

Our main goal of getting others interested in VHF Contesting is slowly gaining
some ground in OK and hopefully, now KS.

More details as I have time to pull them together - if not here - then on the
ARRL Soapox.