[3830] Salmon Run K7IDX/7 SOSSB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 18 10:47:14 EDT 2018

                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: K7IDX/7
Operator(s): K7IDX
Station: K7IDX

Class: SOSSB HP
QTH: Mason Jefferson

  160:
   80:         436
----------------------------
Total:   0     436      0  Mults = 46  Total Score = 40,908

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First time operating portable and on county line in this event.
My goal was to work all the counties on 75 SSB ONLY, which have done a number of
times from home. Which most likely would not happen if not for the mobile
stations. I believe these folks should get special consideration....maybe some
salmon....or at least a smell.

Also there were a number of portable stations (not at home QTH) however they did
not seem to indicate as such? Thanks to those folks too.

There was activity all day long both days. Saturday about 0300 signals got
weaker and static crashes loud. Went QRT at 0330. Last county was Ferry....
thanks to the mobiles WW7WL/m and WW7D/m  thanks guys.

Besides all the counties had a few state and BC. Operated portable on
county line of Mason/Jefferson above Hood Canal.
TS-570 battery powered with 150 watts solar. KPA-500 amp at about 400 watts
to inverted v at 25 feet with push up mast. Powered with EU-2000 generator.
My shack was a 4 wheel pop up camper.

Not sure what class to post....was single op single band portable

score QSOs x 2 (double county) x 2 points x mults 40408 + bonus 500 = 40908
I think this is it?