[3830] 144FallSprnt WW7D/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 18 12:27:53 EDT 2018

                    144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: WW7D/R
Operator(s): WW7D
Station: WW7D

Class: Rover LP
QTH: CN96

Total:  QSOs = 73  Mults = 19  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 1,387

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Conditions were good, but there was mediocre turnout in the Pacific Northwest
for the 2m sprint. Perhaps because it started in the middle of a Seahawks game?
I roved around the CN86/CN87/CN96/CN97 intersection near the NW entrance to Mt
Rainier national park.  I started out in CN96 with a few hops back-and-forth
with CN86 and then to CN87 and CN97.  During the last 75 minutes, I worked my
way back to CN96.

Most of the action was with the greater metropolitan Seattle area. WA7ZWG, way
up north, and K7MDL provided CN88. Nobody else showed up from the fairly common
grids of CN86 or CN97.  Normally I can hear a few stations in the Portland, OR
area (CN85), but not this sprint.  Fortunately, KE7MSU/R was out with good
mountain-top signals from CN85 and CN84.  KD7HB had an excellent signals from
Bend, OR (on the on the other side of the Cascade Mountains) into CN86 and CN96.
 To the north, VE7AFZ boomed in from CN89 to all four of my grids.  I worked
VE7DAY on Vancouver Island in CO70 from CN97.  I couldn't hear John at all from
CN96, and almost worked him a second time from CN86 as time ran out.

The 73 QSOs came from 23 unique call signs; 13 of them worked me in all four
grids (thanks!).  Six QSOs (four call signs) resulted from CQs on FM simplex
frequencies.

Overall, I had plenty of fun playing radio while buzzing around on gravel roads
late into the night.