[3830] SAC CW OV2T M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Sep 19 17:52:26 EDT 2018

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OV2T
Operator(s): PA0ABM PA7JWC PD2R
Station: OV2T

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Saeby

   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total: 1145   142  Total Score = 351,450

3 Dutch Hams on a short amateur radio holiday in Denmark. We arrived just a day
before the contest. Our station consisted of a IC-7300, a Expert 1.3K, N1MM
logging software, A dipole for 40 meter, a 5 band Spiderbeam yagi and a 2x15
meter dipole fed with a balanced feedline. There was a second station with a K3
and a Acom 1000 to be used as a multiplier station. In contest like these a mult
station is not as productive and it wasn't much fun looking for the very few
foreign stations calling CQ TEST. Since we are on a holiday, fun is paramount
and so we hardly used the mult station.
Conditions were not great but we were pleasantly surprised with the amount of
activity on the bands. It was nice to be a Scandinavian station and being the
"hunted" so to speak.
As A novice CW operator, I guess I have made a fair share of mistakes and I
suspect our score will be reduced significantly. But again, fun was paramount
and we had lots of it!
Thanks for the Q's and hope to see you in the next one!

73, Maarten PD2R/OV2T