[3830] NA Sprint SSB N7MZW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 23 01:30:35 EDT 2018

                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 4 Hrs

   80:   39    2 Hrs
   40:   66   2.5 Hr
   20:    1    5 min
---------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM Rockies

Comments:

SOAPBOX: Icom 706MKIIG, Heil Pro Micro Headset using VOX, MFJ-939 Auto Tuner,and
a ZS6BKW version of  a G5RV up 50 feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from
DN-71 in Laramie County,Wyoming. I could not hear adjacent states on 40 meters
at the start,and worked the only station I heard during my time on 20.I made 66
contacts on 40 for 66% of total,39 Q's on 80 meters,for 37% of total, and one Q
only, for 1% of total.Nice to find my fellow team member, Bill K0UK on 80
meters. QRN was S-6 at start of this four hour event,and did not get any better.
I know that at least one Op just could not copy my name of "Chuck",
even with several ..."Chuck..Like Chuck Conners"... and
"Chuck"...Nickname for Charles"... Always a fun event, with many
familiar calls heard and worked. A bit challenging for a one wire,100 watt
station, but a real adrenaline rush for four non stop hours! Thanks to all that
heard me. November Seven Many Zebras Walking