[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad K8CN QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Sep 27 23:10:33 EDT 2018

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 28

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH

   80:   7      7
   40:  12     10
   20:   1      1
Total:  20     18  Total Score = 360

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Worked K4BAI on 20 before the start, then heard John weakly on 15, but no Q with
him either band!  K8MR was sole 20 meter Q - thanks, Jim!  Slow start for me on
40, then things picked up and 80 surprisingly good except to my neighbors -
frustrating to hear and miss K1SX, W1FJ, W1UJ!  A better end to my ladder than I
had expected when I could barely hear WWV on 10 MHz and they were not strong at
5 MHz.  Highlight of the evening was finding Steve, VP2V/AA7V essentially alone
on 40 meters after the herd moved down - great ears as always, Steve!

Was thankful my N1MM+ "sticky sent number" problem didn't materialize
again tonight - still don't understand what happened in the last 2
sessions......

Thanks for fun ladder Qs, and thanks to N6ZFO for rallying the troops!

73,
MikeNH

Rig: K3 @ 5 watts, Lazy H (designed for 20 meters, used on all bands with ATU)