[3830] CQ WW RTTY MM3AWD SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 30 17:35:06 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: MM3AWD
Operator(s): MM3AWD
Station: MM3AWD

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: New Deer Contest QTH

   80:  131       0       36     5
   40:  330       6       51     9
   20:  332      13       43    13
   15:   36       3       19    11
   10:    1       0        1     1
------------------------------------
Total:  830      22      150    39  Total Score = 365,663

Club: Interest Group RTTY

Comments:

Went into this contest weekend a lot less prepared than previous efforts from
the contest QTH.
Work stopped me getting things set up in good time, so was rather rushed near
the end of the week.

Got to the site just a few hours before the start and made the first tests.
Motivation was already shattered when i realised that the generator i had used
for my power source was causing a major noise level on all bands except 40m.
Nothing i could do until Sunday.
Had to struggle on from the start, picking off those i could hear over the
noise.

Early saturday morning the weather took a turn for the worse, with storm force
winds kicking in.
This resulted in me needing to lower everything to save any damages.
This of course made things even more difficult.

Come sunday the winds dropped slightly and i managed to get the generator
swtiched out, to one that didnt cause me to have a noise level!

Was time to play catch up.
The bands were "ok" but far from brilliant.
Was nice to see 15 opening up to NA/SA.

Being unassisted i guess i will have missed quite a bit of openings on several
bands.

Regardless of the up and down weekend with mishaps, still lots of fun come the
end.

Thanks for the fun and see you next time around!

Setup -
FT-1000MP @5 watts // Steppir DB18E // Hygain TH6DXX // Verticals // Wires //
N1MM+ with MMTTY & 2Tone.

73, Scott