[3830] CQ WW RTTY N6RO M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 30 21:04:33 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): K3EST K6DAJ N6RO N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CA

   80:  283       50      18    15
   40:  743       55      62    28
   20:  797       53      90    32
   15:  103       22      15    10
   10:
------------------------------------
Total: 1926      180     185    85  Total Score = 1,583,100

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Casual effort (except for Bob), as most of our team had conflicts.
K3EST did most of 40 and 20m, relieved by N6WM Sunday morning on 20.
K6DAJ did all of 15m on Saturday. Nothing on 15m Sunday. Nothing ever on 10m.
N6RO did most of 80m, SO2R 40/80 Friday all-nighter, and most of Sat night
shift. Jazz gig on Sunday.

We were down about 500 Qs from last year, mostly due to 15m.
20m was OK most of the weekend, and very good to EU on Sunday. 40m was short on
JA
QSOs, but wonderful prop. Sunday AM. Bob logged 48 YBs on Sunday morning- band
was open to Asia til 930 AM. 40m was good to EU (big stations) both evenings
around our sundown, but never showed a good EU sunrise opening.  80m was noisy
with poor prop: no EU heard. Did manage CR3, several SA stations and 1 JA.

The contest was plagued with major problems starting two minutes before the test
started.  The SO2R FLEX station locked up, probably resulting from a failure in
the Six Pack control system, possibly creating a flash that got into the Flex
and/ or computer.  N6WM got things going, bypassing the SixPak.

 Another major lockup on Saturday PM. After many reboots of Flex, N1MM, and
finally the master computer, we recovered and the station was solid for the rest
of the contest. NA6O and N6WM will diagnose what triggered all the mess. Tnx to
those two IT guys for consultation by telephone and VNC during the lockups.

Thanks for all the Qs, look for N6O in the CQP next weekend.

N6RO for K3EST