[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4PK SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 30 21:09:23 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4PK
Operator(s): W4PK
Station: W4PK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 26:18

   80:  172       40      17    10
   40:  365       43      48    20
   20:  681       38      60    20
   15:  192       15      43    16
   10:   12        5       3     2
------------------------------------
Total: 1422      141     171    69  Total Score = 1,208,532

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The computer used for running my favorite node WE4M was broken so I decided that
for a change I would operate without any assistance.  I suspect that there were
several multipliers which I had missed but other than that I didn't miss
spotting assistance at all.

The only problem that I had with the latest version on N1MM+ was that when I
tried using the call stacking feature about half the time it would not
"pop" the calls but would go ahead and transmit a message without the
call anyway.  I do apologize to all of you who had experienced this problem with
me.  I had nothing else running on my computer, but it is old and slow.

Conditions were not as good as in years past.  My best year was 2011 where I
placed #6 (assisted) in North America with a score of ~2.5 Million.  10 Meters
was hopping that year! But I was also younger then and actually stayed up late
both nights.

I also had a power failure late Saturday morning and I was in the midst of
running and sending reports on both radios when it happened.  Since we live in a
rural area and we do occasionally have power failures I do have a 15KW diesel
generator.  I had it up and running about 15 minutes after the power went off,
and it did not come back on until 7 hours later.

The bottom line is that I had fun!

73, Sam W4PK