[3830] CQ WW RTTY W4AAW M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 30 21:35:16 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W4AAW
Operator(s): N1GMO WS7I W4TMO KU1CW N3TOD KT1I K3ZV
Station: W4AAW

Class: M/M HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 47
Remote Operation

   80:  369       49      37    15
   40:  774       53      72    20
   20: 1004       46      88    30
   15:  235       15      58    19
   10:   18        8       2     2
------------------------------------
Total: 2400      171     257    86  Total Score = 2,701,584

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This was a Totally Remote effort undertaken following a year-long rebuild of the
station.  We suffered no equipment failures of any kind. However the boys on 20M
suffered like a donkey out in a hailstorm, from harmonic noise from 40M.  They
just had to sit there and take it. That's because we have not yet installed the
full set of double harmonic coax stubs.  The stubs go in next week.  Sadly, we
lost our stub expert, Jerry-W6IHG (SK).

The ops logged in from the following locations:

WS7I & KU1CW*    WA  Both amazing operators.
N1MGO & KI1I    MA  1st time for Charlie-KI1I. Gordon & Chas real rate
getters!
K3ZV            FL  John joined us for first time, also. Another rate getter!
W4TMO*           NC  Jim is veteran AAW op and another rate getter!
N3TOD           Vac' in Adrasan, Turkey (a/k/a UA9CDC) Fought poor hotel web
svc
W4AAW*           VA with new 23" laptop from kitchen table.

The rate getters mentioned above all achieved 114 Q/hr for 60 mins.

It was fun to use the new 10M stack to open up a dead-sounding 10M band.  We
worked 18 stns in 8 states, then the short opening collapsed.

Our switch to RemAud worked well but we learned that having others connect to
the server to "eavesdrop" is a bad idea.

See you at the end of October.  (* next to a call indicates PVRC membership.)

Thanks to all who gave us the Qs and Mults.

73

see:   www.remotecontesting.com