[3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0C SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Sep 30 22:54:32 EDT 2018

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 33:21

   80:  390       49      29    13
   40:  688       51      56    51
   20: 1099       48      71    48
   15:  143       25      36    25
   10:    0        0       0     0
------------------------------------
Total: 2320      173     192    75  Total Score = 1,939,080

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for the QSO.

This was the first contest with the complete set of antennas operational.  In
the last 18 months new towers and 16 antennas plus complete station automation
gear has been hung and this was the first test.  For the most part everything
worked just fine, to my complete surprise.  The 15m stack wiring was only
finished a couple of days and Saturday was literally the first day I heard EU
signals on 15m on the stack.

Only issue was a pre-contest failure of one of the old amps - but as part of the
station overhaul, I had a KPA1500 which stepped up and worked fine other than
making a lot of racket in the shack.  Had some problems with N1MM's call stack
which was good for some grumbling especially as the fatigue built.

The forecast was for rain this weekend but the bands were pretty quite for this
time of year and no rain or static on the low bands was encountered.  15m was
slow but I spent as much time on the band as I could to get a feel for the
antennas - unfortunately the QSO count was very low compared to my last full run
(2015) but the prop was much better back then as well.

See you all in the RTTY RU!

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com