[3830] WPX SSB AC1U(N1UR) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 06:53:40 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: AC1U
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT

   20: 1751

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Always a fun contest.  Congrats to Rich, NN3W, for a great score from N3HBX.

Seems as though the MUF was much more the determiner this year.  The low bands
were actually quite good although 40M "open time" to EU is clearly
reduced during these low sunspot years.  When its open its wonderful.  80M was
excellent to EU both nights.  Far better than 40M but the activity on it is
never as much as 40M.  If the activity was higher, I could have easily beat my
40M Q count with Europe on 80M this year.

My goal was over 3000 Qs, over 10 Million points. and average Q rate of 3.0 or
better.  I beat all with a 3.02 average Q points.  Not enough to win this year
but was very pleased with the effort.

I heard NN2DX running early on 40M taking advantage of the earlier MUF on the
coast.  Could not hear some of the callers.  This roughly 19Z.

JA activity in this contest is very low it would seem.  Had a nice loud opening
on 20M Saturday afternoon but very few answers to CQs in that direction and only
about 10 stations across the band.  US and EU activity very strong.

Some nice VK activity, especially on 40M, but also a few calling in Long Path on
20M (plus a few 40M LP calls which is always fun).

No EU on 15 but did work D4.  10M was a few PYs and a couple of noise floor
Carib and that's it.  Expected a little more out of 15 but it didn't happen.

See you all in the CW version.

Ed  N1UR/AC1U