[3830] WPX SSB K3WJV SO(A)AB TB-Wires HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 09:40:36 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: PA

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Didn't expect to put as much time in this as I did but it still was just fooling
around.  Only ran briefly on 40 Sunday afternoon to try to flush out some
prefixes.  Saturday afternoon and early evening was spent watching hockey and
baseball while trying to work a few guys in between.  WPX is my favorite contest
but just not on phone, hi.  I will put a more serious effort into cw in May.  I
ran into several friends and CwOps members and that is one enjoyable aspect of
phone.  With my hexbeam at 30ft I never heard anything on 10 and 15 was just
slightly better mainly on Sunday.  20 was disappointing and of course plain
aggravating.  40 & 80 were 40 & 80 although I prefer 80 between the two
as I am usually louder on 80, hi.  See you in May for cw.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 40m-80m-trapped 160 @ 55ft

Palstar HF-AUTO    WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle
Rx ant - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbog - DXE ncc-2
SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger