[3830] WPX SSB KF6NCX SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 11:06:38 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KF6NCX
Operator(s): KF6NCX
Station: KF6NCX

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Chico, CA

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I enjoyed this contest and managed to put in quite a bit more time than
anticipated. A few things surprised me. I didn't hear any stations on 15 and 80.
Fifteen being empty of stations isn't surprising, given the state of that band
lately. But 80 at night? I started thinking maybe 80 was off limits for this
contest! All I heard was people chatting. No contesters.

I was surprised how few stations I heard Friday night on 40, also. There were
lots more when I operated Saturday night. Saturday morning, things were very
slow for me on 20. I'd encounter pileups I couldn't break through and faint
stations whose call signs I couldn't make out. Saturday afternoon was much
better on 20. And Saturday night was quite good on 40.

I got on the air again Sunday afternoon. Stations were mostly weak and sparse
early in the pm on 20, but things started improving as the afternoon wore on.
However, I had to knock off an hour before the closing bell to walk the dogs in
time for dinner (theirs and ours).

It was a good time (dinner and the contest). Tnx for the Qs!

73, Larry