[3830] WPX SSB ES6RW(ES5RW) SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 12:46:45 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: ES6RW
Operator(s): ES5RW
Station: ES6Q

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH:

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

QRP continues to surprise me - when matched with decent antennas the result
exceeds one's expectations. Even during these days of very low sunspots. One has
to agree with CN2CO - the term "brutal noise" fits the limited usable
amateur bands perfectly. Performing soley S&P reminds one that there are
still a number of way too wide signals occupying precious bandspace otherwise
accommadating several stations with normal bandwith. And creating unfair
advantage of enjoying armchair copy with no QRM. Taking a critical look on the
SDR band recordings performed by the organizers might be the cure.

The good - incresed my score from last year mostly due to the repaired 40 meter
beam.

Thanks everyone for patience in pulling out my signal.

Probably back to HP next time.

73, Rein