[3830] WPX SSB VE6FI M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 13:25:27 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VE6FI
Operator(s): VE6FI VE6AQ VE6MAA
Station: VE6FI

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Morinville AB

Operators were Evan ve6fi, Denis ve6aq and Maurice ve6maa. We operated Multi 2
from the ve6fi site. It was spring time so our bush road was a bit bushy and
slushy.  In fact on the first day the bridge over the creek was running over so
we had water everywhere.

There was no 15 meters until just a trickle on Sunday afternoon.  The main band
was 20m but 80 meters was fairly active on the first night. Well, the famous
words of Don Moman where, ' Did you catch that opening in the middle of the
night/'  Well about 6:00 AM local time in the morning 20m opens really good to
Europe and yes Don we were there two mornings in a row. It lasted about 2 hours
and then it became more difficult to work into to Europe.

We had two visitors come and find us through the mud.  Hans Mausolf from the
Fort and Dave Gervais. We had a nice visit sitting on the steps on a sunny
afternoon.

We missed not having the 40m 5 element beam. All the far east were just waiting
to work us.
 We did not break anything.

Denis