[3830] WPX SSB KK6P(W7IV) SO(A)AB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 16:10:17 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: KK6P
Operator(s): W7IV
Station: W7IV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: SB

   40: 1136
   20: 1332

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It sure is nice being to hold a frequency for a change.  Still building out the
station, but everything performed well with no major glitches.  Now I jst have
to keep refining my skills to live up to the station's capability.

40 is my money band and I probably gave up on it a little early.  I could copy
the big run stations in EU easily early on 20, but morning runs didn't produce a
ton of rank-and-file EU stations in any real volume.  Our JA cousins helped me
out on 40 where they count most, and Asia made up over 15% of the Q's - more
than twice what I could make out of EU.

Someone else commented about the many, many low-number exchanges.  Looking at
the log, I'd bet that 60 percent or more reported <100 Q's.  These
participants are the backbone of any kind of volume, and when conditions
permitted, I tried to give a brief, positive comment to them and the youngsters
- I know I sure want another generation or two of new contesters!

Thanks to everyone for all the Q's and I'll see you next Fall!.