[3830] WPX SSB VA2EW SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Apr 1 18:50:39 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: VA2EW
Operator(s): VA2EW
Station: VA2EW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montreal QC

For the records, thanks to the remarks of a couple of contesters I realized
after 10 hours of contest that my audio was very bad and I was splattering a
bit. As the audio from the monitor was clean, I was not aware of that fact but
when I listened to my own signal on a second radio, it was terrible. I then lost
a couple of hours to try to sort out that. Finally it looked like it was an
internal problem to my K3S.
At that point I had lost so many QSO's since the beginning and so many time to
search the origin of the problem that it was a non sense to finish the contest.

Then I decided just for checking to replaced the K3S by a old K3 and run a few
hours. The audio was just perfect and my QSO rate raised from 80/h to 120/h on
40m compared to the day before.

I now understand why my runs where so slow since the beginning and I had to
repeat so many times the number "3" with my french accent.

What's concerning me the most is that it was that K3S that I used for WRTC and I
remind to have had great difficulties to start phone runs each time I tried...

To be continued...