[3830] WPX SSB 9A1CPB M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 2 14:54:56 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: 9A1CPB
Operator(s): 9A4W 9A9RR 9A6C
Station: 9A1CPB

Class: M/S HP
QTH: JN83GI

   20: 1322

Club: Croatian Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment:
TS450 + QRO
20/15/10  - TH5 tribander
40/80/160 - sloper/inverted V/dipole
All antennas standing&hanging @12m wooden poles

First semi-serious M/S operation from our club location. No MPL station, no
network, no dx cluster, just RUN station, so we ran a lot:-) On 20 m we were
restricted with high SWR above 14.200 MHz, 15 m restricted the whole world with
almost no propagation and 10 m had no propagation at all.
Three man crew managed to stay up through the entire contest with just one short
sleeping episode at the mike that caused no damage, except for few suspicious
serial numbers.
Nice USA openings both days on 20m.
Final score was not our goal, we just wanted to get an idea how antennas work
and what should be the potential of our set up. With few monobander add-ons it
might be fun.

Thank all for qsos!