[3830] WPX SSB N7MZW SO(A)AB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Apr 5 13:21:28 EDT 2019

                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2019

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO(A)AB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Cheyenne,WY

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's CQ WPX Contest Log 4.3
CONTEST: CQ-WPX-SSB
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 10 HRS
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 255094
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: WY
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1 at gmail.com
SOAPBOX: Icom IC-7300,(a retirement gift from my parents,and a real game changer
for my future contesting efforts),Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner (for 80
Meters only).Heil Pro Micro Headset,MFJ-4245MV Switching Power Supply,and a
ZS6BKW (Modified G5RV) up 50 feet running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation in
Cheyenne, Wyoming from Grid Square DN-71od. A real slug fest, with nothing heard
at my location on 10 or 15 Meters. This resulted in 20 and 40 Meters being shoe
horn, wall to wall stations. I had a few decent runs,mostly on 40, but Europe
and Japan were just not heard on 20 Meters this year. NA was 654 Q's for 94% of
total,SA-22 Q's,for 3%,OC-9 Q's for 1%,EU-6 Q's for 1%,AF-4 Q's for !%, and AS
just 1 Q, for 0% of total.I made 696 contact during 25 total hours of operating
time.I overslept during one of my "one hour breaks", and also had a
very rare 2 hour loss of commercial power on Sunday morning.Lots of stations not
giving their signal report during their exchange,AS CLEARLY REQUIRED BY THE
CONTEST RULES.Many other DX stations were only giving their call sign about
every half dozen contacts or so,again IN VIOLATION OF THE CLEARLY STATED
RULES!My 100 watt, single wire antenna signal traveled a total of 295,863 miles
around the globe, (excluding the U.S),and my average distance to each non U.S.
DX station was 3,522 miles.Bookend QRM is getting worse every year,in part due
to deteriorating band conditions,but still is no excuse for landing 1 Kc away
from a "Running" station,and then pretending to be death by CQing in
their face! DX locations worked in this contest were:
Brazil.Hawaii,Bonaire,Aruba,Alaska,Australia,Curacao,Morocco,Belize,Canary
Is.,Japan,Martinique,Poland,Portugal,Slovenia,Spain,Turks and Caicos Is.,and the
U.S. Virgin Is. Always a fun event with lots of participating stations, but was
it was a lot easier to keep my butt in the chair when better band conditions
made working dozens of stations in Europe and Japan possible. Another 100 watts
and a Wire contest effort is in the books.
END-OF-LOG: