[3830] 144SprngSprnt WZ1V Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 9 07:44:39 EDT 2019

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: WZ1V
Operator(s): WZ1V
Station: WZ1V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31RH

Total:  QSOs = 76  Mults = 24  Total Score = 1,824

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

It was nice to hear from friends I haven't heard in a while.
To me this is one of the best things about the Spring Sprints.
Other than that, condx were flat but not as noisy as it has been.
Nice to hear some of the guys from Maine. Still winter up there.
Also great to work some of the Rovers that were out.
I wanted to say a few nice things about FT8 for a change.
I actually made a contact with someone (VE3DS) easily with FT8
after a CW effort with the same station failed.
I discovered a new use for FT8: it leaves your hands free long
enough to enjoy a brew and a snack while your computer does the work!
But - I still miss hearing the voices and fists of several friends
we've lost to FT8. I'm talking about the ones we never hear on
SSB or CW anymore. It's almost like they've passed on.
Rest in peace my friends, we miss you.
-73 Ron WZ1V