[3830] 144SprngSprnt N6ZE/R Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 9 10:32:13 EDT 2019

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: N6ZE/R
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: N6ZE

Class: Rover LP
QTH: CM94

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

Unlike the guys in Maine, we did NOT have snow: 7pm temperature was in the mid
80s. Great T-shirt weather, but few people on the air. Woodie, WA6WDY, & I
traveled up US-101 to put CM94 on the air (barely). From that site for 45
minutes,, we used a combo of a 5/8 wave whip & a 7 element M>2 yagi. From
there we traveled down the coast to Ventura and operated for a short while with
the whip from WA6EJO's driveway in the hills overlooking Ventura. Reached home
QTH 10pm. Stats: 175 miles driven; total distance worked = 356 km with 60% of it
achieved from 2 QSOs made from CM94. Oh yeah, 2 grids were activated and a total
of 9 QSOs resulted. Not one station was heard from Greater Santa Barbara, even
though we operated from SBA County in DM04/CM94. (If operating from SoCal,
there's something about topography hinderances when you do not go
mountaintopping!) See you'all on 222 next week.