[3830] 144SprngSprnt N2SLN/P Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 9 12:06:39 EDT 2019

                    144 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: N2SLN/P
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22

Sunday I checked out two local hilltops and found both to be in better shape
than last year at this time. So I arrived at the higher one Monday at 6:30 PM
local time and set up a 6-el Yagi on a short mast in 40 mph gusts. I did have a
loop permanently mounted to the roof incase of heavy rain, but the 20 percent
chance never materialized, thankfully. Temperatures were in the 60's for a
second day in a row. Highlights were pointing north and working FN25, as well as
working two stations in my own grid. I did hear a WB8 on a QSB crest, but
couldn't get the suffix. I worked a station in Syracuse, NY who was running a
vertical. Best DX was 357 mi / 575 km to the state of Maine where they were in
the middle of another snowstorm. I was also able to work into EN91/2/3 to the
west. The activity level was high and the noise was low, making it an enjoyable
sprint.