[3830] 222SprngSprnt VE7AFZ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Apr 17 12:42:40 EDT 2019

                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: VE7AFZ
Operator(s): VE7AFZ
Station: VE7AFZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CN89ji

Club: Pacific Northwest VHF Society

Comments:

Did a solo visit to CN89ji (on a mountain side north of Metro Vancouver.)
I was able to do my setup and tear down between rain showers (and sat in my
truck and ran the radio while it rained.)

Band conditions were very good for most of the evening.  Lots of activity noted
on 222.1 and 223.5  At times there were well organized pile ups on 222.1 and I
had to QSY which is a nice problem to have on this band.

I tried to run FT8 at one point but my setup was sub optimal.  I have gotten
used to comparatively easy digital mode operations with my IC7300 for 50 Mhz and
may have forgotten some of the fine art of running digital modes in field
conditions with legacy analog radios such as my FT736 (:  It all worked just
fine the last time I tried this at my home station (:

Notable QSO's:
Working VE7HR in CN89 (nice to see another VE7 ham on the air for the sprint.)
Working KB7W in CN93 via SSB over a path in excess of 385 miles.
Working KB7ME in CN85 via SSB
Working WW7D/R in all four of his grids with great signals from each grid.

Thanks all.  It was a fun evening.
73 Mark S
VE7AFZ