[3830] 222SprngSprnt K9JK/R(@C0ROVEROLLA) Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Apr 18 14:00:52 EDT 2019

                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s):
Station: C0ROVEROLLA

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62

Another 'haunting' of my favorite Grid Corner, EN51, EN52, EN61 and EN62.

Ye olde FT-736R keeps on ticking for 222 and has been much happier since I've
started to power it from a 20 A-hr LiFePO battery in the CoROVERolla. 'Barefoot'
(25W from the 736) and most Qs were with an omni loop but I did raise a 5el yagi
at my stop in EN62 (which probably helped to catch my best DX QSO to K8TQK). All
phone again but a mix of FM (20 Qs) and USB (24 Qs) - still no 'digital' (not
even any 'original digital' - a.k.a. "CW").

"DX" to AC0RA/R in Iowa (EN41 and EN42), K8TQK in Ohio (EM89, over 500
km)

12 different calls in my log. Thanks to all of the stations who were able to
pull my puny signal out of the noise and work me, with special thanks to the 3
fixed stations who were able to do that from all 4 of the Grids I visited. All
but 2 of the 12 worked me from more than one of my grids. I was also helped by a
fellow rover (KO9A/R) who filled in a full Grid Dance Card around the Grid
Corner for over 1/3 of my Qs.

8 different Grid Locators worked; EM89, EN41, EN52 and EN53 beyond the local 4
(EN51, EN52, EN61 and EN62).

Thanks to all who participated, to the Central States VHF Society for their
continued sponsorship of the Spring VHF & Up Sprints, to the support team of
KA2KQM, W0ZQ and WB8BZK and to WA7BNM for the 3830scores.com reporting
resource.

'Til the 432 MHz Sprint next week and the Superconference on the weekend after
that.

73, JK