[3830] 432SprngSprnt N2SLN/P Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Apr 28 12:13:29 EDT 2019

                    432 MHz Spring Sprint - 2019

Call: N2SLN/P
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22

With rain in the forecast, I decided to use the smaller Yagi stack (15/15
elements) for quicker setup and teardown times. The van's 432 station is
temporarily disassembled, so I had to string together some pieces of gear just
to get on the air. I took a risk and did not include the bandpass filter since I
was going to use a hilltop known to be RF-quiet, and thankfully that worked out
fine. The majority of the contacts took place in the first half of the event. I
thought about shutting down at 10 PM after working only 2 contacts in the third
hour, but persistence paid off because the last hour gave me 2 more QSOs that
were new grids. Best DX was VE3EU at 244 mi / 393 km. Not bad for 60 watts. I
worked my own grid and was also happy to work EN93/92/91 but did not work the 3
closer grids FN03/02/01. Drove home and the temperature was 31 degrees, so I was
thankful to see that no rain fell during the sprint.