[3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Apr 30 11:49:39 EDT 2019

                    Florida QSO Party - 2019

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: KS

   40:   35      2
--------------------
Total:  255    191  CW Mults = 67  Ph Mults = 56  Total Score = 86,223

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

This year, the XYL planned a camping trip for Friday night and we went back out
on Saturday evening for a camping meal with friends, so a part-time effort, but
always enjoyable!

The most fun for me every year is to try to sweep the counties. It's often
really close against some great ops (last year 2 minutes). This year I was still
missing 5 counties when we left for the campout, but it appeared they would all
be on again on Sunday so I gave it a try.

Sunday morning, Hamilton and Putnam came quickly, then Gulf (my last one last
year) and Franklin, but Wakulla remained elusive (apparently to others as well).
Four mobiles were converging in that direction with the band deteriorating, so
it was several races in one! Given where all the mobiles were, AD4ES appeared to
be the mobile to watch, but K4KG surprised me by getting there first.  I wasn't
the first one to work him and had trouble breaking the pileup, but I finally got
through. Thanks, George! Later, AD4EB gave me the the CW Sweep in SEM.

On SSB, I missed BRA CAH DIX FRA HAM HOL JAC MRT PUT STJ and UNI. Thanks to the
SSB mobiles including those taking time off from CW to help us all out on SSB. I
wasn't as diligent about switching mobiles to SSB this year since I knew I was
only part-time.

I worked 63 counties on Sunday this year, so no Sunday Sweep like last year.

Here are the mobile stats from Kansas for those I worked more than 5 times. I
also think I worked all the 1x1 stations.  Great job!

34: K4KG
28: N4TO
27: AD4EB
25: AD4ES
18: N4FP
16: K4OJ K8MR KU8E
13: KN4Y
11: N4CW
06: K2CIB

Thanks to the FCG and all the ops and sponsors who make this event one of my
favorites. Already looking forward to next year!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC