[3830] NAQP CW W1DYJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 4 20:06:33 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ME

  160:   0      0
   80:  10      8
   40:  47     27
   20:  20     17
   15:   3      2
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  80     54  Total Score = 4,320

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Flux Capacitors

Comments:

My fourth NAQP CW, and my meager CW skills have not improved much.
Disappointed was I, as I only achieved about half the score I was
aiming for.  (I can blame FT8 for taking me away from practicing
CW, along with not spending enough time in the chair.)

I expected the lack of 10M, and the weak 15M band.  I was surprised
at the lack of 160M participants; for the past three 'tests 160 was
a contributor.  I left 80 until after the 11 PM news and the few Qs
made were all new mults as hoped, but 80 was noisy from all of the
storms around last night.  I gave up a bit after midnight.

RIG: TS590S
ANTENNAS:
	 160, 80, 20, 10 - fan dipole at 30'
		>> 4 wires: 160-trap-80 / 30 / 20 / 10
	 40, 15 >> 1/4 lambda vertical, 4 elevated radials at 10'
100% S&P
Logger: N3FJP NAQP Contest Log Ver 4.8

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ