[3830] 222Up N2WK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 5 05:23:45 EDT 2019

                    ARRL 222 MHz and Up Distance Contest - 2019

Call: N2WK
Operator(s): N2WK
Station: N2WK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY

  1.2:  15
  2.3:   0
  3.4:   4
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
------------
Total:  91  Total Score = 33,734

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Team: Lake Ontario Group

Comments:

Thanks to KF2MR/R, W2EV/R and VE2CRU/R for the much needed points. They gave me
47 out of 91 QSO's in this contest. This is by far a high power event judging by
my endless unanswered CQ's on 222/432. Even called on 902 just for old time's
sake.
The QSB was very heavy on all bands almost 90% of the time. A station would be
up and then 10 seconds later gone, disappeared. A later try sometimes would net
a Q.

Hardly any local action in the Rochester area. Worked a few VE's and a few East
coast stations but conditions did not favor a WNY LP Station. I enjoyed
operating but did get bored at times. Losing my 2G station at the start hurt a
little. I tried 902/1296 with many stations that worked me on the lower two, but
no QSO's.

I missed some of the members of my team altogether. Whats up with that? Maybe
try something different next year. Thank you ALL the 91 contacts