[3830] NAQP CW K9GY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Aug 5 21:47:41 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61fn

   15:    6     5
Total:  461   114  Total Score = 52,554

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Team Sno-cones

Comments:

I think this is a personal best in NAQP CW :-)

The online scoreboard kept me motivated! I was excited to pass W9XT, K9GS, and
K5ZD only to be left in the dust at the end, hah! Goal was 300-400 Qs...did good
there although after I hit 400 (in 8 hours) I started mult hunting instead of
running. Would have been a good idea to set up the 160m sloper to get more
mults. Fair amount of QSB at times. Never was able to get anything going on 15
or 10.

I wished the 222+ contest was a different weekend than NAQP CW. In the
beginning, it's easy to be torn between them although ended up committing to
NAQP.

Overall missed RI, VT, DC, and ND (USA wise). Where was VE6 ?! I need to move
mults between bands!

Took break from 1916-1947 then one hour from 2123-2226 then the last thirty
minutes of contest.

Icom 7300
Cushcraft R-9
microKeyer II