[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 8 01:05:59 EDT 2019

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Aug 8

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 42 min

Total:  97  Mults = 97  Total Score = 9,409

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Lost track of time trying to figure out why the SteppIR site did not do task
analysis.

40 was in good shape, but not enough activity so there were dry spells. My band
changes are not automatic, so did not go to 80. I could have used some very
short skip.  Missed tons of guys.  To make it interesting I started at 41 WPM
and increased to 45 WPM so I could get some practice.

38 QSOs the first 12 minutes, then added 19 in the next 6 minutes.  Then there
was a lull.  27 minutes to reach 78 QSOs, but really got hard to find more
people. I suspect the crowd had moved to 80.

Ordered more bandpass filters in preparation for SO2R.  Got my exercise moving
reels of hardline outside so I could start routing cables to the garage.  GOAL:
get the cables out of the window so I can close it when it is cold!  Looking
forward to attending the MetroDX club meeting, Northern Illinois DX Assn
meeting, a grandkid birthday party and a social occasion in a barn where I get
to meet the neighborhood farmers.