[3830] WAE CW K0ZR Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 11 11:33:11 EDT 2019

                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K0ZR
Operator(s): K0ZR
Station: K0ZR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Virginia

   80:    1     0     4
   40:  161   137    96
   20:   96   126    60
   15:   14     1    20
   10:    1     1     2
-------------------------
Total:  273   265   182  Total Score = 97,734

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The band conditions were not as poor as non-participants believed.  There were
some very strong signals on most bands at specific times but not many stations.
Even worked CR6K on 10m; the only station I heard on 10m.

After suffering through devastating power line noise that was constant for 6
weeks, I was successful in getting the power company to replace a damaged
lightning arestor about 1/8 mile away so I seriously enjoyed working at the
receiver's noise floor most of the time in this contest.