[3830] WAE CW K5GN(@W5KU) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 11 20:25:10 EDT 2019

                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 35:36

   80:   65    40    26
   40:  276   245    40
   20:  399   452    47
   15:  145   148    36
   10:    2     0     2
-------------------------
Total:  887   885   394  Total Score = 698,168

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

WX condx were about as good as it gets for August...102F outside but storms
mostly outside the state and not in the near Gulf of Mexico off the coast.  But
still, summer QRN and weak signals down here listening to the New Europe QSO
Party.

I think this is my first serious entry in this contest.  Just painful here,
without many answers to CQs like in WPX/IARU.

Condx were at times poor with K=3 but at other times quite good.  Only CT/EA
worked on 10m, though I heard P33W CQing across Europe (no other signals) and
saw that W1NT skimmer noted TM6M there in the last 15 minutes (alas, not all the
way here).

Congrats to K5WA and AD5A and KD5DD for being everywhere, loud, and persistent.

73,

Dave K5GN