[3830] NAQP SSB W4VIC M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Aug 17 20:01:02 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: VA

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  105    39  Total Score = 4,095

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

If the WAE-CW was like a trip to the dentist, then the NAQP SSB was bilateral
root canals!  I know some folks will get on here and relate how wonderful
conditions were, but they weren't in the 'signal suck-out zone' on the East
coast.  Promised thunderstorms had not arrived when I quit, but if they had,
conditions wouldn't have been much worse.  Muffled signals, atmospheric tricks
made most of them sound way over-processed.  When I finally figured out what the
call was, QSB had long since taken the signal to oblivion.  I worked harder on
this contest than any in recent memory -- and since recent memory as as bad as
long-term memory I can't provide evidence.  THIS WAS A SLOG, and at a time when
I really wanted to put up some numbers for PVRC.  The truest thing I heard
during the contest was this:  "Sometimes the bands work, sometimes they
don't!"

Thanks to everyone who hung in there, and to those still laboring in the NAQP
SSB vinyards.  Good luck to them.  Thanks for the Qs.  73, Vic W4VIC