[3830] NAQP SSB N6RO M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 18 04:27:22 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): K6DAJ N6GD AJ6CY N6RO N6WM
Station: N6RO

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: CA

  160:   17     6
   15:    6     2
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  959   120  Total Score = 115,080

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

It's becoming a cliche to complain about 10 and 15, but this is getting
ridiculous... 6 Qs on 15, with a stack of 6/6/6??

Other than that, things went pretty well, despite a visit from Murphy that
caused us to switch one station from a Flex to a K3. We made almost as many Qs
as last year, though we were way down in mults, mostly due to 15.

20 started so-so, but got better and kept producing, with some high rates around
2230 with rate meter hitting 250, and we did a lot more Qs on 20 this year. On
the other hand, we did a lot less on 40, which seemed noisy. Highest rate on 40
was just after sunset. 80 was best on the Quad and furthest "dx" on 80
was just to IL.  Had some fun moving stations to 160.

K6DAJ focused on pushing himself in preparation for CQWW. New members N6GD and
AJ6CY had a chance to become accustomed to SSB contesting at RO with some
quality time on 20 and 40. N6WM bore the brunt of the 15m debacle and N6RO
manned the 160 effort and the contest chili. NA6O provided emergency tech
support.

The best 60 minute rate was 121/hour from 2209 to 2308
The best 30 minute rate was 138/hour from 2208 to 2237
The best 10 minute rate was 162/hour from 2223 to 2232