[3830] NAQP SSB KK7AC Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 18 19:16:01 EDT 2019

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KK7AC
Operator(s): KK7AC
Station: KK7AC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 9:55

Total:  686    91  Total Score = 62,426

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Team: AOCC Desperados

Comments:

If I had to evaluate conditions on 20 and 40, I would consider them
"good" for the contest in a crude grading scale. Signals not strong,
but both bands were quiet which was good because those were the only 2 bands in
operation. 10 and 15 were non-starters; I looked on both every 30-45 minutes or
so to find nada. This is tough as the NAQP is such a multi-band/multiplier
contest. 80 was another disappointment as the atmospheric noise was very loud.
IPO and -12 dB of attentuation inserted in the front end of the receiver could
not knock the floor down past S9, so 80 was not as productive as I had hoped.
Working staions right in the noise is something I am not used to on the mountain
which is void of noise any other time. Worked Outlaw Dave late, so that was the
highlight on 80!