[3830] ARRL 160 N4XL Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 03:39:24 EST 2019

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC

Total:  QSOs = 183  Sections = 66  Countries = 5  Total Score = 25,146

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Just checking out new inverted-L. Pleased with it. Never was able to run on 160
with only 100 watts with the first inv-L or horizontal loop. Had 114/h rate for
25 min before went back to S&P. Second 20 min run later on was 75/h. Was
pleased to have KL7SB, CO2AN, and a couple VE6/7's call me. Heard two KH6
stations, but couldn't get them. Might have if I'd stayed on a couple more
hours. Will look at doing a FT effort next year.

Inv-L doing very well K5, K0, and east. Much stronger than the old 520 ft
horizontal loop at 25 ft I had been using -- but that isn't much of a surprise,
is it? This antenna is working well enough on 80 and 160 it is making me rethink
the operating strategy I've normally used for both domestic and DX contests.

Good to work John, W4IX at W0RIC. He was strong into SC, but then faded out.
Wasn't sure if he got me so came back a couple minutes later when he was strong
again. Thanks Drubber.

Kevan
N4XL