[3830] ARRL 160 N4CW Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 15:09:38 EST 2019

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12:29

Total:  QSOs = 650  Sections = 68  Countries = 15  Total Score = 111,884

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Half of my 160M antenna is missing, so I pressed on with my 80M inverted-vee at
65 feet, loading it thru my TenTec 238 tuner (that thing'll tune anything!). I
used the KPA500 instead of the 1500W amp...didn't want to tempt fate! Only
problem was that I was very narrow-banded and had to re-tune every +/- 10 kHz!
Have to remedy that situation.
Conditions seemed better Saturday evening, after sunset. Lots of fun running
into old friends. Still a few stations on with clicks, but not a single signal
with chirps or yoops (like the old days!). And quite a few "gentlemen"
on the "gentleman's band"...a delight to experience so much courtesy.
Happy Holidays, everyone.