[3830] ARRL 160 AA4LR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 15:24:00 EST 2019

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Georgia

Total:  QSOs = 200  Sections = 47  Countries = 0  Total Score = 18,800

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna:
160/80/40m Inverted-L with two 125' elevated radials

Equipment:
Venerable Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts

Comments:

This is the second half of my handing out of Qs. This time from Fulton county.
The antenna was hastily put up a few weeks ago with some help from my brother
NJ8J.

The antenna is really more of an inverted check-mark than an L. It seems to work
well. I was able to call CQ and hold an impressive rate for just 100 watts.
Signal levels on receive seemed a bit down, as I actually disabled the
attenuator. There were times I could hear folks calling, but couldn't dig them
out of the noise.

The K2 performed well, but it is not nearly as nice as the K3! I miss being able
to adjust the bandwidth of the filter.

Had a little bit of trouble with birdies from my Samlex 1223 power supply
driving across my listening frequency, but they eventually drifted away.

Great fun handing out some Qs. I worked some of the same folks, naturally, but
was surprised at the different number of sections worked.