[3830] ARRL 160 AG4W Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 17:23:01 EST 2019

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: AL

Total:  QSOs = 800  Sections = 77  Countries = 39  Total Score = 208,568

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-5000, AL-1200, 58 foot top loaded vertical, 2 Beverages, DX Engineering 8
circle vertical array. Had a company Christmas party Friday night so I missed
some prime time. I was very pleased with Saturday night propagation to Europe. I
had better luck working Europe running than finding them search and pounce. The
beverages seemed to do better than the vertical array in this contest than in
CQWW CW on 160M. I'm not sure how to explain that other than most of the
stations in this contest are US and VE. I had 4 JA vs 2 in CQWW so propagation
was better for me in this contest to Asia. There were many more Europe stations
available on search and pounce from Europe in CQWW CW on 160M.