[3830] FT RUp 8P2K SO Unlimited LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 9 08:38:24 EST 2019

                    FT Roundup - 2019

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P2K
Station: 8P2K

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: 8P/DX

Total:  330  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 38  Total Score = 27,720

Thanks for all the stations who stayed with me during trying and rough
conditions.

For the first 12 hours of the contest things looked good. And we took advantage
of the relatively good conditions on 40m as the sun set. Never really had any
good runs into EU and SA stations were few and far between.

Unfortunately most of the day on Sunday was lost due to domestic challenges and
so even though we spent as much time as possible in front of the radio, never
really got any runs going. Again EU never showed from my location even on 20 and
15.

I used the combination of N1MMplus and WSJT-X for logging. For some reason even
though I believe everything was set up correctly, it was not scoring correctly.
Made correct note of number of Q's and the multipliers but seemed to rate each
QSO as zero points so no score. Hopefully the cabrillo output will be fine.

Simply have to get the big antennas back online. Dipoles and verticals just are
not as effective even on these modes.

Thaks W0VK and AA5AU for a great contest.

73 and Season's Greetings

Dean - 8P2K