[3830] ARRL 10 AC4G SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 19:15:43 EST 2019

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: AC4G
Operator(s): AC4G
Station: AC4G

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 6:48

   CW:  178    41
  SSB:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  178    41  Total Score = 29,192

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Saturday morning was able to run and make most of my QSOs with 85 watts.  Late
morning band conditions shifted to deep, long QSB.  Was able to make QOs while
waiting almost 3 minutes for signals to peak up.  Meteors? Saturday afternoon
and evening the same deep QSB.  Called with my 85 watts until blue in the face
(CW).  Sunday begam with the same QSB. but faster.  Was able to make a few QSOs
sunday morning but qucik QSB prevented making many QSOs.  By Sunday afternoon
fast, deep QSB set in and signals changed so fast by the time a station ended
their CQ, QSB caused their signals to fade to unreadable and neglgible signals.
To my surprise, Sunday yielded zero South American stations.

Tried four antennas a varying heights and my bread winner was a Hygain 5 element
yagi pointed Northeast which was at 28 feet height.  The high antenna and
mid-height was not to receive any signals strong enough to make QSO.

Made QSOs with CT1ILT, XE2B, KP2, KH2, LU, PY and few VEs for DX QSOS.  ARRL 10m
Contest was tough in southern, middle Tennessee and played its toll on the
operator.

Simply said, conditions were bad, very bad, but probably expected being at the
bottom of the cycle.  For example with low yagi pojnted to Northeast heard K0OO
callng CQ, but higher antenna pointed Northwest towards K0OO yielded zero
results and no copy.  Switching to low antenna yield fair copy, but was not able
to make QSO on low antenna as he could not copy my 85 watt signal.

Thanks for my friends in the Northeast USA to give me the bulk of my QSOs during
this contest.  AC4G