[3830] ARRL 10 W7TVC(@WS7L) M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 20:26:06 EST 2019

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W7TVC
Operator(s): K2PO K7HLH K7YIC W6ABM WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: M/S LP
QTH: OR

   CW:  105    15
  SSB:   35     4
-------------------
Total:  140    19  Total Score = 9,310

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

As the ionosphere continues wallowing in the doldrums, we wallowed along with
it. It seemed like a real slog, but we made more QSOs than either of the last
two years. The score was our lowest of the three because the multiplier count
was way down. The northwest was a real black hole judging by dxmaps.com. Our
farthest states worked were CO and TX, though we did manage two contacts with
CE. We heard several PY's but they could not hear us.

As appears traditional, 10 was open over the western US on Friday evening for
several hours. I don't know what's special about Friday but we seem to see this
every year. Starts hot on Friday and declines steadily to Sunday. We only
managed 17 QSOs on Sunday. We went on the air about 1500Z both days but did not
make a QSO until after 1800 Sunday. Sunday was entirely OR and WA except our
very last QSO which was W7RN in NV at 2352Z. Our "real" operating time
was 29 hours so you can tell by the difference that we had many, many QSO-less
hours.

73 and thanks for the QSO's
Carl WS7L
K3 + DB-18 at 65 feet.