[3830] ARRL 10 N9TF SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 15 20:42:34 EST 2019

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: IL

   CW:  65     22
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  65     22  Total Score = 5,720

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Welcome to 10m at the bottom of the solar cycle! 100 watts to two elements at
37' makes for a bit of a challenge, especially from the black hole in December!
I was very PT, as lots of prep going on for Christmas. Wasn’t even sure I was
going to have time to play. I missed Friday night, and most of Saturday and
Sunday. Hit both mornings for about an hour each before I had to run errands.
Interesting meteor scatter prop Saturday and Sunday mornings. We shall see how
well I copied calls through the fast QSB and drop outs!
 Bears were doing poorly against packers Sunday afternoon so skipped the second
half of the game and sat in the shack with headphones on listening for signals
to pop out of the abyss. CQd a lot and then tuned a lot. N1MM says 4 hours op
time, probably more like 5 hours with all the dead time between Qs! Reminded me
of a VHF contest, slow and slower going!!
Heard NV9L calling relentless whenever I made it back to the operating chair.
Nice score Val!!
 Thanks for all the Qs. Lots of SMC in the log.   73, Gene N9TF
 Rig, K3S 100 Watts to 2 element triband at 37'.