[3830] ARRL 10 W6YX(N7MH) SO CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 16 02:19:36 EST 2019

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Stanford

   CW:  379    44
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  379    44  Total Score = 66,704

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I got started a few minutes late but still made 291 QSOs with 37 mults in the
first five hours on Friday evening. I was set up for SO2R but wasn't really able
to get any benefit from the second radio as I had to have the K3 preamps on to
hear many of the stations and the antennas I was using were too close together
to make same-band SO2R workable.

The Es opening was broad but missed W1, W2 and Canada east of VE3, as well as
much of W4 and W5. I ended up working MD/PA in W3, AL/KY/TN/VA in W4, AR/NM/TX
in W5, CA and HI, all of W7 (except AK), and all of W8, W9 and W0 except ND.

Saturday started off slow and I thought it might turn out well when I worked
FY5KE at 1630, but things remained slow. 45 minutes later LU and CX were worked
and a bit later CE. PY completed the DX mults for me, with a total of 26 South
Americans over the 2 days.

Sunday was even slower than Saturday. I took off close to 3 hours mid-day as
K6TJ dropped by and helped to check on some antenna and feedline issues I'd
dealt with in CQWW CW. The only bright spot on Sunday was being called by K1TO
for the FL mult.

73,
-Mike, N7MH