[3830] ARRL 10 AG4W SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 16 10:34:25 EST 2019

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest - 2019

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: AL

   CW:  171    40
  SSB:   97    23
-------------------
Total:  268    63  Total Score = 55,314

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-5000D, AL-1200, 3 element quad at 40 feet. Friday night propagation was a
surprise. I made a half dozen meteor scatter contacts on 6 meters using MSK144
and looked at 10 meters and it was open. I think at least some of those 10 meter
CW contacts were due to the Geminid meteor shower. The signal intensity varied
significantly and some stations came and went before a qso could be completed.
The CW was also difficult to copy at times with just parts of call signs and
reports with lots of flutter. Saturday morning was also good and ended around
1900 with a half hour opening to South America. The rest of the contest went
down hill from there with much worse propagation. For all those I worked, thanks
for your patience.